It’s time for your monthly update from Sequim. No exciting news here (we are not moving) just a quick update and a fun challenge.
I have been diligently exercising my hip and leg and am seeing improvement. However, as I found out yesterday, I still need to work on my flexibility. While - with a little maneuvering - I can get on my bike, I cannot yet lift my leg high enough to get off. So, that’s my new exercise goal.
We have been doing some hiking and that presents no problems with my leg - although my endurance isn’t quite back. Last week we went for a walk on the Dungeness Spit. No issues with social distancing here...
Actually, the parking lot was completely full, but once we got down to the beach, there was plenty of room to spread out.
Today we went for another hike close by, this one through the forest. Over 5 miles we saw 3 People and two dogs. It was great.
Weather here has been sunny and beautiful. We’re right about 70 degrees most days (although that might seem a little chilly to some of you). The nights are cool and the sunsets are earlier, but they can still be spectacular (ok, not as spectacular as at MoJo).
Ok, now for the fun part...While I’m not on Twitter, I am aware of #throwbackthursdays. This is where celebs post old pics of themselves. It gave me an idea...
As I have not had my hair cut since February, it’s much longer than it has been in many years. I have joked that if the pandemic goes on much longer, I might soon be rocking the Marcia Brady look I had in high school...and that was a good look, don’t you think?
However, I realized that my current look is much closer to 6th grade Sue. I’m sure Molly and Carol remember this dress as it was my favorite and I wore it to church nearly every Sunday. What you can’t see in the pic are the white fishnets and apple green patent leather shoes that really made the outfit. 😀😂 I especially like the size of the bow. If there had been a pandemic in 1968, I could have made a mask out of it!

So, here’s my challenge. Post a 2020 pandemic picture and an old picture that most closely resembles it. Or, maybe an old picture that reflects how you’re feeling during these pandemic days. Or, just post any old picture that will give us a smile. I know there are some classic pics we haven’t seen in a while.
Looking forward to your posts! Love to all. ❤️❤️❤️







Love the pics and I do remember that lime green dress well. I am questioning your motives for this challenge...are you selling some kind of supplement that defies aging? You look exactly the same! I will be hard pressed to find a past pic that looks anything like me now. Carol
ReplyDelete