Sunday, March 22, 2020

Pandemic March 2020

Hello!  (I haven’t figured out how to post photos yet, sorry)(added by Sue)
Sande and I are employing self quarantine at his house in Cambria.  I don’t believe any of the cooking pots or pans have  ever been used.  But, it’s great.  We are taking the dogs for a 1 hour walk throughout our Cambria neighborhood  every day.  We saw Joe Burdullis yesterday and talked from the street up to him on his deck. I apologized that, because of the situation, we couldn’t be spending more time together (not). We don’t go to Fiscalini to walk because there’s lots of people and dogs there and it’s hard to keep the recommended six feet social ( now called physical) distance.  Sande and I are playing cumulative score Scrabble (one game per day) and I won my first game today (out of 6 games total). I’m losing by 338 points. 
Brian is next door at Sisters also self-quarantining.  We talk outside maybe once or twice a day, maintaining our six feet.

Matt is at MoJo self-quarantining with his dog Cyrus. He’s off all next week, but Roger’s Gardens is currently still open. So, I’m not sure how long he will be here, but if the nursery closes, he can stay as long as he wants.  Mark is self-quarantining at Newgate Rd.  He checks in with me at night and we yak about day’s events. He may come to the beach at some point, but not sure exactly. 

Brian, Sande, Matt and I have a Qwirkle tournament ( one game daily) that we play online via the app.  First one to win 3 games, is champion. We just started yesterday and Sande was the winner.  We are going to try an Oh Hell! app that looks promising.  Will let you know. 

 Super proud of and excited for Jocelyn. Loved tuning in and watching firsthand.  So nice to have Nani and Brian know how to set that up.  I had tears running down my cheeks when she said “Cottage”.  Our dog, Caramel, was hoping she got Cottage,


All my work has been canceled. My next date is April 29 in Las Vegas...highly doubt it will happen.  We two are doing fine, spending more time together than ever. I told Sande I might have to sleep  by myself in the spare room here,  just to maintain some sense of normalcy. 

Hope everyone checks in and gives a status. 
xoxo
M


1 comment:

  1. Got your pics added. They are great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.