Monday, March 23, 2020

Update from the Commonwealth of Virginia

All,

Theresa and I are doing fine.  While we'd like to be spending more time with family and friends, we've been following rules about staying home, which really hasn't been too difficult.

Theresa has been enjoying her retirement by reading, exercising, and painting.  (See an example of her work below.)  I've been exercising, working in the yard, and going through boxes in the garage hoping to recycle, donate, or get rid of stuff we no longer want or need.

We've been playing games and Theresa has been crushing me in Ticket to Ride Switzerland.  We filed our taxes today and we're glad to finish that task.

We had our planned Baltic Sea cruise cancelled, which was disappointing but probably the right thing to do. We'll get a voucher to use on a future cruise.  Let us know if you want to consider joining us.

We had a first yesterday when we watched a recorded version of Sunday Mass.  There are no public celebrations of Mass in our diocese so the viewing was the next best thing.  We missed vising with friends before and after Mass.

I'm guessing that most if not all of you have received an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census.  I encourage you to do your part, but I can't guarantee that you will receive a Census 2020 T-shirt.

Please stay safe. Love, Don and Theresa.






3 comments:

  1. The painting is amazing. Good job, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a paint by numbers. Ellen gave it to me as a retirement gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bummed about the T-shirt, but the painting is AMAZING! Nice work Theresa1

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.