Thursday, March 26, 2020

Spring in Sequim

Hello all, thanks to everyone who has posted.  It’s reassuring to know you are doing ok.

I’m guessing some of  you are obsessively reading coronavirus updates and others have stopped reading to reduce your anxiety.  I’ve been reading about it quite a bit, and I read an article this morning that I’d like to share.  How the pandemic will end.  It’s informative as to how we got to where we are and the likely scenarios going forward.

As there is very little chance that the situation will be resolved enough by June for us to have a family  reunion, I’d like to know your thoughts.  Same time next year?  Try for later in this summer?  Christmas?

We are continuing to do well.  Keeping busy and doing lots of reading.  I’m sure most of you are already aware of this, but for those who aren’t  - If you have a library card, ebooks or audiobooks are a great option.  No need to leave your house, no cost, and immediate delivery.  If you don’t have an ebook app, there should be a link to one on your library’s webpage.  Of course you can also purchase ebooks, but I prefer the free version.😊   Those of you who are more tech savvy, feel free to share other entertainment ideas for the housebound.


Weather in Sequim was beautiful yesterday, a little cooler today.  Spring is gradually arriving. A couple of our fruit trees have blossoms, and check out our gorgeous ornamental plum.

Hope you all continue to stay healthy.  And remember:  don’t touch your face 😱!







5 comments:

  1. Great update. We read the article...Egad! We vote for ‘same time next year’ for reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We vote for next year as well. We will SO miss seeing everyone is June :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, sorry that we've taken so long to respond. Since it's so difficult to plan at this time, we agree that we should move the reunion to 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to this, I know…

    Same time next year is definitely the better of the two options for us. That said, we still run into quite a bit of work in June. In fact, our radio silence in sharing travel plans for this year’s gathering was due to the fact that I was going to have to fly directly from a show. We really couldn’t make any plans until I had my travel information from my client.

    We seem to have most of our downtime toward the end of July and through the entirety of August (which, coincidentally, is also the best time escape AZ, weather-wise).

    I don't want to throw a wrench in things... just putting it out there for consideration. :)

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm even later...

    We are pretty flexible, especially now that it's looking like next summer is best, based on more timely responses and your follow-up. Christmas might have been a hard time to travel cross-country with a 17-month-old, so we would have leaned towards the summer as well. At this time, we have no plans for summer 2021, so we can likely make any time work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.