Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Fischjcik Update

Quick Update from Colorado:

1. I'm back at work! I'm teaching 4 sections of Integrated Math 1 and 1 section of Integrated Math 2 this school year at a public HS near us. The state of Colorado is suspicious of my teaching history so I also have to take some classes to get my teaching license, but everything is in order for that (it's been a process). I started last Monday with New Teacher Training all week with all the other new teachers to my school and a couple feeder middle schools. This week all teachers are back Wednesday. Students start on August 15. The school is about 15 min from our house, but starts early! I have to be there at 7 AM.

2. Jim is still enjoying his job, and asked his boss not to travel for the month of August so that we can all get used to our new schedules. We spent a week with his parents and aunt in Breckenridge in July so he actually got some vacation days in. Pics on his smugmug site! He is officially a Coloradan now after hiking and summiting a 14er (Mt. Quandary) while we were there.

3. Cooper is on the move. He can crawl and is extremely interested in how doors work and touching Max's bones, and generally curious about anything on the floor that isn't one of his toys. He is really good at picking up Max's hair with the front of his clothes, we're working on a Swiffer Onesie prototype so he can actually help clean up (Tom let us know if you can help with design).  Coop started daycare at a center in our neighborhood when I went back to work last week and seems to be doing well with that.

4. Max is a good boy- confused by all these changes but rolling with them all. He also made it to the top of Mt Quandary




4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job! Love the idea of a swiffer onesie. Am excited to see what you and Tom come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates! Loved hearing about you all. Have fun being back in the classroom. Glad Cooper is doing well in daycare, good for socialization skills! Congrats to Jim and Max for their summiting Mt Quandary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. So Cooper is acting like a Roomba vacuum, no recharging necessary. I envision an army of human crawlers with velcro onesies keeping their parent's floors clean, thereby, earning their keep. We need to figure out how to make the little fellas crawl in a certain pattern, and also how to get the hair (and everything else that might be on the floor) removed from the onesie. I can't wait to workshop the infomercials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You’re busy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.